Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Plague and pestilence upon my lab

Undergrad: I'm not feeling well
Me: Go home
Undergrad: Nah, I'll be fine.
Me: Go home
Undergrad: I guess a bunch of kids in my dorm have pneumonia.
Me: Go home.
Undergrad: I can't. I'm too busy.
Me: But your checking out Facebook and you've been texting all day.
Undergrad: Well, yeah. I'm busy.
Flash forward two days. Either my allergies have taken an even more horrible turn than I ever could have imagined or my unsick undergrad managed to get me sick. Grrr. No amount of decongestant is breaking through the brick wall of mucus that has formed in my sinuses.

Made it in lab to see the undergrad typing away, but I was told that the grad student had to stay home with a horrible cough. Shocking. Never saw that coming ((facepalm))
Me: why didn't you go home? I think you gave us all TB?
Undergrad: What? You sound grumpy.
Me: Maybe if I could breath I'd be able to sleep more than 4 hours. I'm sure THAT would make me more cheerful....
Undergrad: You know, you really should go home....


No comments:

Post a Comment