Thursday, January 24, 2013

Finally finding my groove...

After a very intense mentoring committee meeting, where many flaws were exposed, I am now hitting my stride and addressing issues. Finding mentors through Facebook (hey c'mon, it IS a networking site, after all), finding my niche within the published research, and generally feeling good.

I only wish I didn't have to run away from the office to accomplish so much.... But it needed to be done. I was stressing out about not getting anything done, even as I was pulled in a thousand different directions. As an aside, I hate working in a cube farm - it's WAY to easy for people to interrupt your train of thought....

2 comments:

  1. I think that sometimes a change of scenery away from where we work gives one's brain time to think things through, put stuff into perspective and to get stuff done. But it above all enables us to see what's worth stressing about and what isn't worth getting stressed and uptight about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even the most perfect thing one may consider still has a flaw. PhD is not an exemption to this fact. This only suggests that sometimes, reforms are necessary in order to make everything run smoothly. In PhD, this is valuable considering that change for improvement will bring this mode of study into almost perfection.

    My Webblog Online PhD UK Programs

    ReplyDelete