Sunday, January 20, 2013

Mentoring for neuroscience

OK. I'm gonna out myself just a little bit and ask a very specific question:

What resources are available for extramural neuroscience mentoring? It appears that SfN has a good system in place, but I was somewhat leery of jumping in and paying for my membership.

I should also mention that I'm the kinda person who uses committee service to network and get the lay of the land. What can I say - I like to be involved.

What are people's opinion on the various mentoring programs available, either through SfN or other sources? What resources are available? While I'm new to the field and still very green, I have a ton of experience that I think will translate (I'm avoiding specifics as to not identify myself TOO much)....

No comments:

Post a Comment