Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Resume writing

Wow. I never appreciated how hard writing a resume was, until I spent the weekend trying to condense my 9-page academic CV (and I haven't even done that much yet!) to match a job posting I saw....

Some quick comments:
1) Just because I'm applying for this position doesn't' mean that I'll be offered it or that I'd even take it. But hell, I gotta keep my options open

2) Help! I don't know what I'm doing!

3) Guess I'm gonna have to fake it till I make it.

Since I'm covertly working on this during my lunch hour this song seems appropriate...

4 comments:

  1. I'm not saying I know how to do a resume "right" but I have seen quite a few and did my own for my last two jobs if you want to bounce it off or chat about it, shoot me an email?! The key thing is to kill your darlings, condense it and keep in line with the job you're applying for. all very easy in theory of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you for the kick in the butt - I need to get back to posting. Expect more posts from me in the near future :)

      Delete