Friday, August 3, 2012

I'm going back to the start

Anyone who knows me knows I love music. And that I live life on shuffle - always open to whatever comes next. Part of what I love is not knowing what's coming next, but a bigger draw for me is placing an old song in a new context. Drawing deeper meaning or making new connections on something that I thought I knew so well.

Today, I heard a song I've listened to a thousand times before, but suddenly gained an insight about my next career move. Although not the original intent of the song, I realized that
Nobody said it was easy No one ever said it would be this hard Oh, take me back to the start I was just guessing at numbers and figures Pulling the puzzles apart Questions of science, science and progress.... I'm going back to the start
Sometimes the best things in life start with a fresh start. Now if I could only wrap up this damn manuscript before I leave....

No comments:

Post a Comment