Monday, June 15, 2015

My moment of clarity

I was officially handed my walking papers and I'm more than a little relieved. A little freaked out because they gave me 2 weeks notice and I need to coordinate insurance, but still relieved at knowing that I will be turning a new page at the end of the month. Happy to leave this place and certain people here. Happy I won't have my hellish commute every day. Happy that I will get money for my unused vacation time.

That's not to say I'm not pissed that no one was upfront with me - I'd just rather focus on the positives. Yes, I'm terrified about my somewhat uncertain future. Yes, money will be tight. Yes, I will probably go on unemployment while I look for a job.

But the biggest thing I noticed is that I was how much fun I had with my kids. I didn't just go through the motions, I had deep, belly-laughs as we played tickle monster. Squealed as they hit me with squirt guns before I unloaded the hose on them. Had teachable moments about cancer, responsibilities, and how to react to setbacks in life.

I didn't realize what I had been missing lately....

Yes I'm back, and that has meaning in so many ways. I like it.

Watch out world - I'm back and excited and ready to take the world by storm.

2 comments:

  1. Belly laughs are great! Good to see that you are doing ok. Hoping for your next step/job to be a better environment and that it goes well. fingers crossed for new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dagnabbit! Apparently I'm not getting notified when people make comments. Anyway,l'm sorry for the delay, but I'm happy I was able to regain my perspective before I went off the rails and ruined everything I wanted in life. Over dramatic? Maybe. But my family means that much to me.

      As for the future, I have a few updates good and bad to be posted shortly. How's that for a tease?

      Delete