Thursday, July 16, 2015

When it rains, it pours....

I can't make this stuff even if I tried.

Our house got fried in an electrical storm. May have been a direct lightening strike, but I'm not sure how I'd know since there weren't any scorch marks on the house.... And yes, I checked.

All I know is that everyone woke up  in the middle of the night because the boom was so loud. I looked out the window, all looked fine, cars were still in place, no trees missing from the yard. We had power, so I went back to sleep once my heart stopped pounding.

Next morning we awoke to find most our cable was out and every circuit breaker connected to an outside wall had been tripped. Not good. Our cable boxes and router were dead, as was anything connected to them. Very not good.

 Near as we can tell,  a massive surge came into our home through the cable to fry our tvs, pc, telephones, and garage opener. Surge protectors didn't help, and we have a $500 deductible for our renter's insurance.

If anyone knows of a place to find cheap (but still good quality) electronics let me know. Once I start getting a paycheck again I think I need to do some shopping.

It's official - it's been one of those months....

No comments:

Post a Comment