Tuesday, November 1, 2011

I'm all for safety, but....

I hate mandatory safety training.

It always feels like a joke and I usually walk away wondering if I learned anything. Or if the whole point was to protect the institution from lawsuits.

Besides, I can't shake the feeling that I could be doing something better with my time. Like writing manuscripts, doing experiments, picking my toenails. Anything but be reminded (repeatedly, even) that I shouldn't try mouth pippetting radioactive material onto cells transduced with virus.

Maybe it's just me, but if I need to be told such things, maybe a career in the lab isn't right for me. I'm just sayin'....

1 comment:

  1. Time wasting things are my biggest pet peeve. There's a few mandatory meetings that I have nothing invested in where I strongly feel I could be doing something better.

    ReplyDelete